If you have studied French before joining the Alliance Française, a placement test guarantees that you will start your course at the appropriate French level. You will therefore not lose any of your valuable language training time. Any prospective student, who is not a complete beginner, is required to take a placement test to determine the current French level. (This does not apply to individual lessons.)
- Our online or on-site test will assess your reading and writing and grammar skills (60 min)
- A Zoom or face-to-face interview will assess your listening and speaking skills (10 min)
Next placement tests:
June – 7th, 14th, 21st, 28th
July – 5th
June – 10th, 17th, 24th
July – 1st, 8th
- Online paper: 9.30 a.m. – 10. 30 a.m.
- Zoom interview: 10. 40 a.m. onwards, as per the personalized email sent to the candidate.
- On-site paper: 9.00 a.m. – 10.00 a.m.
- Orals: 10. 15 a.m. onwards, as per the personalized email sent to the candidate.
Placement test fee: Rs.1,800/-.
Register for a placement test:
Register at least two days prior to your preferred date.
Placement test fees are non-refundable and non-transferable unless in the case of acceptable medical reasons with proof provided.
A. register on-site at Alliance Française, 11, Barnes Place, Colombo 7;
B. register online:
Make payment (Rs.1,800/-) to Alliance Française bank then upload and send the payment confirmation form.
Account Name: Alliance Française de Kotte (guarantee) LTD
Bank Account no: 076010120865
Branch: HNB Cinnamon Gardens